Home » Forklift Rules
Forklift Rules For Use in the KEC
The following guidelines for the operation of forklifts in the KEC must be followed at all times.
- All propane tanks must be removed at night and set outside the building.
- Forklift use is restricted to the exhibit hall housing the exhibitors display and may not be used for transportation in the KEC.
- Exhibitors may not assist other exhibitors with their freight.
- Exhibitors may not drive forklifts on the dock, or try to retrieve their own packing crates or cases from KEC storage.
- Drivers must sound horns upon making corner turns, or in any situation where their view is partially blocked.
- Forklifts must be driven with forks low to the ground.
- Drivers must follow OSHA guidelines for safety.
- All forklift operators, under new OSHA guidelines
a) must have taken safety training;
b) must have passed that training and been certified as such;
c) their certificate must be current; and
d) they must be able to provide proof of their certificate, if requested.