Become a Member of RVIA
Thank you for your interest in joining RVIA. Below is a summary of the different membership categories we offer:
RV Manufacturer: The term “Recreation Vehicle Manufacturer” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the manufacture of Recreation Vehicles.
Park Model RV Manufacturer: The term “Park Model RV Manufacturer” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the manufacture of Park Model RVs.
Supplier: The term “Supplier” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the business of providing a product or industry-related service, directly or indirectly, to Recreation Vehicle Manufacturers, Park Model RV Manufacturers, other Suppliers or other wholesale participants in the recreation vehicle or park model RV industries. Manufacturers of tow vehicles primarily designed to tow RVs qualify as “Supplier” members. RV and PMRV dealers and others whose primary business relates to the retail sale of RV or PMRV related goods or services and/or their related trade associations do not qualify as “Supplier” members.
Associate Membership: The term “Associate” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation with a relationship to the RV industry that does not qualify for any other Association membership category including, but not limited to, certain consultants, law firms and publishers. RV and PMRV dealers and others whose primary business relates to the retail sale of RV and PMRV related goods or services and/or their related trade associations do not qualify as an “Associate” within the meaning of this definition.
Finance Firm: The term “Finance Firm” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the business of providing wholesale financing to the recreation vehicle or park model RV industries or retail financing to recreational vehicle or park model RV purchasers.
Manufacturer’s Representative: The term “Manufacturer’s Representative” is defined to mean a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the marketing of goods or services on a contractual basis for a Manufacturer or Supplier that does not qualify for membership in any of the voting member classifications.
Listed below are some of the important services RVIA offers its members:
- Standards Inspections: Manufacturer members receive inspection review six times a year by a trained RVIA standards professional to assist in your compliance to the many manufacturing standards that apply to RVs.
- Standards Inspections Regarding Importation: RVIA RV Member Manufacturers seeking to import RVs into the United States must contract with a third party inspection agency that will agree in writing to verify compliance with standards adopted by RVIA. The third party inspection agency must meet conditions and criteria outlined by RVIA. Click on the link at the bottom of the page to view the .pdf containing these conditions and criteria.
- The RV Market Report: As a member, you'll receive access to a monthly publication of industry shipments detailed by type of vehicle with historical comparisons (available to members through this web site or direct mail).
- RV Roadsigns: Members receive a quarterly shipment forecast newsletter.
- RVIA Today: RVIA publishes a regular Association newsletter that will keep you aware of the activities within the Association and the RV industry.
- Monthly Standards Bulletins: The means by which our Standards Department will keep you up–to–date on regulations affecting the industry and your product.
In addition, RVIA supplier and manufacturer members can attend or exhibit at RVIA-sponsored trade shows at approximately one-half the cost of a non-member, and participate in an earlier drawing for show space.
If you have any questions or wish to apply for membership, simply contact our Membership Services Department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Frydon Yaqub, Member Services Coordinator, 1-703-620-6003 extension 309.
1 Related File
|Out of Country Inspections||0.12 MB||Published September 19, 2013||view|
Please note that your browser must allow popup windows from RVIA.org in order to display files.