Recreation Vehicle Industry Association
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) is the national trade association representing recreation vehicle (RV) manufacturers and their component part suppliers who together build more than 98 percent of all RVs produced in the U.S.
An RV is a vehicle designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, travel or seasonal use. RVs may be motorized (motorhomes) or towable (travel trailers, folding camping trailers and truck campers). Off-road vehicles are not included in the RV definition.
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Reston, Virginia, RVIA is a unifying force for quality and professionalism within the RV industry and works with both federal and state government agencies to protect the interests of RV travelers.
A clearinghouse of industry facts and information, RVIA also provides free material to consumers about RV travel and camping and actively works with the media nationwide to educate the public about the benefits of RVing.
RVIA maintains an inspection program to monitor compliance of the plumbing, heating, fire and life safety, and electrical systems of the vehicles manufactured by its members in conformance to the ANSI/NFPA 1192 standard for RVs.
The association can trace its roots back to the earliest days of automotive travel. When the Trailer Coach Association (TCA) was formed in 1936, the term RV did not yet exist. As the RV industry evolved, two national trade groups represented RV manufacturers through the early 1970s. ln 1974, these associations merged to form the RVIA we know today.
Other Content in this Section
• Vision & Mission Statement
• RVIA Membership Categories
• Association Calendar of Events
• RVIA Awards
• Distinguished Service to the RV Industry
• Special Award
• RV Automotive Achievement Award
• Distinguished Achievement in RV Standards
• National Education Service Award
• National Legislative Award
• David J. Humphreys RV Industry Unity Award
• Spirit of America Award
• National Service Award
• Distinguished Achievement in RV Journalism Award
• National Scholastic Award
• RVIA HQ Hotline
• Office of the President
• Administrative Division
• Government Affairs Division
• Trade Shows & Events Department
• Communications and Marketing
• Standards and Education Division
• RVIA Quick Staff Reference